Thursday 15 January 2015

Ancestry updates iOS app

Ancestry has updated its iOS app - the changes are fairly minor, but the full details outlined at http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2015/01/14/better-tools-on-ancestry-ios-app-for-saving-records.

NB: I'm a big fan of the app, as I can synchronise my tree on my PC wit that on my iPad, via Family Tree Maker 2014. Unfortunately, as I am using Windows XP still (it ain't broke, so I ain't fixing it!), I've found that a recent FTM 2014 update won't allow changes made on the app to head back to my computer, so I've had to uninstall the update. But I can still make changes on the PC and synchronise the update with my tree on Ancestry (set to private), and have it instantly accessible on my iPad also - it's a handy thing to have at all times!

Chris

For details on my range of genealogy guide books please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. To commission me for genealogical research, please visit my research site at www.scotlandsgreateststory.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment