Genealogy Tours of Scotland announces the second annual virtual conference on Scottish Genealogy Research.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26TH, 2019
The ViC (virtual conference) will launch on Saturday, January 26th, 2019 at 8:30 am Eastern
The line-up of talks and speakers for the day:
- The Lad o’ Pairts: Patterns of Scottish Migration to Canada, presented by history professor Kevin James
- “Genealogy in the High Court of Justiciary” presented by archivist Margaret Fox
- Using Sheriff Court Records for Genealogy Research, presented by genealogist, Emma Maxwell
- Genealogy Gems in Scottish Poor Law Records, presented by archivist Irene O’Brien
- An Introduction to LivingDNA, presented by LivingDNA co-founder David Nicholson
- Family History Resources Available at the NLS, presented by NLS Enquiries Assistant Elaine Brown
- Online Resources for Scottish Genealogy, presented by genealogy educator Christine Woodcock
Registration fee is just $99.99 (cdn) and allows unlimited access to the talks, handouts and marketplace until midnight (eastern) on January 31st. The live chat will only happen on January 2
*** Virtual "Seats" are limited! For more information or to register: http://www.genealogyvic.com/
(With thanks to Christine Woodcock)
For my genealogy guide books, visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html, whilst details of my research service are at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. Further content is also published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES.