Wednesday 12 September 2018

Ancestry upgrades its DNA ethnicity profiles

Ancestry (www.ancestry.com) has announced an upgrade to its ethnicity estimates for Europe and Asia today "through a new algorithm that analyzes longer segments of genetic information, marking an important evolution in the way we interpret DNA data".

I'll be honest - I get bored rigid reading about ethnicity estimates from DNA testing companies, because every one of them tells you something different. And so on that front, I'll say no more other than that you can find Ancestry's press release at https://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2018/09/12/ancestry-unveils-more-detailed-precise-ethnicity-estimates/...

Comment: Ancestry already impresses me immensely with its cousin matching facility - absolutely superb. If it wants to further impress me, ADD A CHROMOSOME BROWSER!!!!!

Come on lads, ye know ye want to...! :)

Chris

For my genealogy guide books, visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html, whilst details of my research service are at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. Further content is also published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES.

No comments:

Post a Comment