Saturday 11 April 2015

Daily Record's free ScotlandsPeople credits promotion

The Daily Record newspaper is running a promotion now to offer 20 free credits to ScotlandsPeople (www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk), worth £4.50. That's enough for three index searches and three full BMD or census record views, or two wills views. The code is obtainable at http://www.scotlandnow.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/heritage/trace-your-ancestry-free-credits-5466919 - you may have to answer a survey question first before accessing the article.

(With thanks to Pam McGowan Finch)

Chris

For details on my latest book Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, and my other genealogy guide books please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. To commission me for genealogical research, please visit my research site at www.scotlandsgreateststory.co.uk.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Chris. Always nice when we can save a few bawbees. I will happily go add to my ScotlandsPeople Timeline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any ScotlandsPeople free credits about now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not aware of any current promotions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm doing my research in Scotland. I have come to my 3x great grandmother with the name of Lucy McGregor? My problem is I have never had a Lucy in any of my female lines. I'm unable to find nothing on her?? I'm wondering is Lucy short for another name? Thanks Elaine
    Enjoyed your seminar in Richmond, BC, Canada on the 29th of April 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucinda and Lucille sping to mind - glad you enjoyed the seminar in Richmond!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete