Wednesday 22 April 2015

Edinburgh Collected community archive

I'm not sure if I've seen this before, but there's an interesting community archive site for those with Edinburgh ancestry, which appears to have been launched last year - it's called Edinburgh Collected. Here's the blurb from the site's About page:

Make history for now and the future!

Edinburgh Collected is a place to share, explore and discuss your memories of Edinburgh.

Everyone can browse, or you can sign up to:

upload your own memories
save your favourite memories in a scrapbook.
Edinburgh Collected is managed and maintained by Edinburgh Libraries, part of the City of Edinburgh Council (CEC).

All the material added will expand the City’s digital heritage collections, adding to the material held in the Central Library, already the most extensive collection about Edinburgh in existence.


To access the site visit https://www.edinburghcollected.org

(With thanks to Nicola Osborne of EDINA, via Facebook)

Chris

For details on my latest book Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, and my other genealogy guide books please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. To commission me for genealogical research, please visit my research site at www.scotlandsgreateststory.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment