Saturday 16 February 2019

In Search of Missionaries: Tracing relatives on a mission from God

Whilst I am personally not very religious, several members of my family have worked as missionaries in the past.

On my research service blog, I discuss how I traced the careers of the Rev. William Paton, Mary Paton, and the Rev. David MacDonald Paton, as well as the missionary work that they carried out in India and China. I note many of the resources I found online, and at English based repositories such as the School of Oriental and African Studies archive in London, and the University of Birmingham archives.

You'll find the article at https://scotlandsgreateststory.wordpress.com/2019/02/15/in-search-of-missionaries/ - enjoy!

Chris

My next Scottish Research Online course starts March 11th 2019 - see www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=102. Details of my genealogical research service are available at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. For my Scottish and Irish themed books, visit https://britishgenes.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html. Further news published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment