Tuesday 5 February 2019

The oncoming death of Google Plus

Google+ will soon cease to be, as outlined on my blog a couple of days ago (see https://britishgenes.blogspot.com/2019/02/google-plus-will-cease-to-be-on-april.html). 

I had hoped to continue sharing posts to the platform until it was switched off, but in fact Google has just made this more difficult:

Following the announcement of Google+ API deprecation scheduled for March 2019, a number of changes will be made to Blogger’s Google+ integration on 4 February 2019.

Google+ widgets: Support for the '+1 Button', 'Google+ Followers' and 'Google+ Badge' widgets in Layout will no longer be available. All instances of these widgets will be removed from your blog.

+1 buttons: The +1/G+ buttons and Google+ share links below blog posts and in the navigation bar will be removed.


On the back of this, I will no longer be distributing material from this blog onto Google+.

Please do consider signing up to my Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest feeds instead, or by subscribing to my daily email digest, using the Subscribe via email link found to the right side of this blog page. (I am also looking at Instagram as another possible way to distribute)


RIP Google+


Chris

My next Scottish Research Online course starts March 11th 2019 - see www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=102. Details of my genealogical research service are available at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. For my Scottish and Irish themed books, visit https://britishgenes.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html. Further news published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment