Thursday 21 February 2019

Thanks to Beith, and forthcoming talks

A huge thank you to Garnock Valley Family History Group (www.beithtownhouse.co.uk/event/garnock-valley-family-history-group-5/) for its hospitality last night in Beith, Ayrshire, where I gave a talk on Irish family history resources. Thank you also to the person who came up to me at the end and gave me the shortest review ever - "pure dead brilliant!"

Beith Townhouse (www.beithtownhouse.co.uk) was the venue, a wonderful building which houses Beith Cultural and Historical Society - and as this was my first visit, I couldn't resist taking a few pics of some of the local treasures on display!


I have a few more confirmed talks lined up over the next year:
  • March 14th 2019, Lanarkshire Family History Society, Motherwell - topic tbc
  • April 15th 2019, Glasgow and West of Scotland FHS - Irish Sources
  • October 5th 2019, Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS (Glasgow branch) - Discover Scottish Church Records
  • October 19th 2019, Manchester & Lancashire FHS, Manchester, England - Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis
  • November 13th 2019, Central Scotland FHS, Stirling, Scottish Research Resources before 1800
  • January 18th 2020, Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS (Edinburgh branch) - Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis

I will updated this once I have confirmed a couple of further invites. I hope you can make one (or more!) of them.

Chris

My next Scottish Research Online course starts March 11th 2019 - see www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=102. Details of my genealogical research service are available at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. For my Scottish and Irish themed books, visit https://britishgenes.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html. Further news published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment