Friday 9 October 2015

Scottish marriage history talks in Motherwell and Stirling

A huge thank you to Lanarkshire Family History Society (www.lanarkshirefhs.org.uk) for its hospitality in Motherwell last night, when I gave a talk on the history of Scottish marriage laws and the impact on the records generated (or not as the case may be!) for family historians.

I received a phone call this morning asking me if I could give a talk at short notice to Central Scotland Family History Society (www.csfhs.org.uk), as the scheduled speaker is unable to attend. I have therefore agreed to give this same talk in Stirling at the Smith Art Gallery next Wednesday 14th October 2015, at 7.30pm. If you're in the area, so I hope you can make it - see you there!

Chris

For details on my genealogy guide books, including my recently released Discover Irish Land Records and Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. My Pinterest account is at https://www.pinterest.com/chrismpaton/.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris I read your article on Understanding marriage laws in Scotland in a family tree.co.uk January 2018 magazine. I have drawn from your article for a brief paragraph on marriage laws for a family history. It's strictly not for profit. I trust that is okay. thank you Gayle Pedler

    ReplyDelete