Tuesday 30 April 2019

Update on my books, talks and courses

Apologies for the gap in blogging over the last week. I spent all of last week on a final push to complete my second book this year, Tracing Scottish Ancestry Through Church and State Records, which is now with the publisher, Pen and Sword.

I've also had an update on the publication schedule for my three books with Pen and Sword - Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet (2nd ed) is now looking like it will be published this August, whilst Tracing Scottish Ancestry Through Church and State Records is provisionally set for November. My third book, Tracing Your Scottish Family History on the Internet, will follow in 2020.

I have a few other irons in fires on other possible projects, but will blog about those in due course. In the meantime, some forthcoming talks I will be giving:
  • October 5th 2019 Lanarkshire Family History Show, Motherwell - An Irish house history
  • October 5th 2019, Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS (Glasgow branch) 2pm-4pm, Renfield Saint Stephen's Church Centre - Glasgow, 260 Bath St, Glasgow G2 4JP - Discover Scottish Church Records
  • October 19th 2019, Manchester & Lancashire FHS, Manchester, England - Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis
  • October 21st 2019, Glasgow & West of Scotland FHS. An Irish house history (plus Irish records Q&A)
  • November 13th 2019, Central Scotland FHS, Stirling, Scottish Research Resources before 1800
  • January 18th 2020, Aberdeen & NE Scotland FHS (Edinburgh branch) - Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis

And a reminder that my next Pharos course, Scotland 1750-1850: Beyond the OPRs, commences on May 13th 2019 - full details are available at https://www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=302.

Finally, I've given my research service website a bit of an update, at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk - let me know if I can help with your research!

Chris

My next Scotland 1750-1850: Beyond the OPRs course starts May 13th 2019 - see https://www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=302. Details of my genealogical research service are available at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. For my Scottish and Irish themed books, visit https://britishgenes.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html. Further news published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment