Monday 1 February 2016

My Vancouver Island and British Columbia talks in April

In April I will have the pleasure of visiting Vancouver and British Columbia for a two week trip, where I will be giving a series of talks at various societies.

The basic schedule at present is as follows, with links to the programmes where they have been announced so far:

Monday 18th: Nanaimo Family History Society (Beban Park Social Centre)
www.nanaimofamilyhistory.ca/index.php?p=1_4_Upcoming-Events

Wednesday 20th: Qualicum Beach Family History Society (Royal Canadian Legion, Qualicum Beach)
www.qbfhs.ca/event/qbfhs-april-general-meeting-2/

Friday 22nd: Qualicum Beach Family History Society seminar (Quality Inn Bayside, Parksville)
www.qbfhs.ca/workshops/2016-seminar/

Saturday 23rd: Unlocking the Past 2016 International Genealogy Conference (The Beach Club Resort, Parksville)
www.qbfhs.ca/workshops/conference_2016/

Wednesday 27th April: Vernon and District Family History Society (Vernon)
http://allevents.in/vernon/genealogy-seminar-with-chris-paton/1132125540132103

Saturday 30th April: British Columbia Genealogy Society (Burnaby)
www.bcgs.ca/?page_id=2511#.Vq-H8vmLSUl

I've previously been to Nova Scotia, Quebec and Ontario, but this will be my first time in British Columbia and Vancouver Island - I'm very much looking forward to catching up with some familiar faces, and to meeting many new folk!

Chris

For details on my genealogy guide books, including my recently released Discover Irish Land Records and Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. My Pinterest account is at https://www.pinterest.com/chrismpaton/.

No comments:

Post a Comment