Aycliffe baptisms & burials 1813-1877; marriage witnesses 1813-1837
2,952 baptisms and 1,735 burials at Aycliffe St. Andrew in Darlington district, covering 1813-1877, from the Bishop’s Transcript with some checking against the original register.
Sunderland baptisms 1818-1820
1,579 baptisms at Sunderland Holy Trinity covering 1818-1820, from the Bishop’s Transcript with some checking against the parish register. Abodes shown are mostly street names in Sunderland, plus Bishopwearmouth and Monkwearmouth, and a few from North Shields and Houghton-le-Spring.
The Sunderland registers are more valuable than many from this period because the clerk continued recording the mother’s maiden surname and the child’s birth date.
Monkwearmouth All Saints burials 1851-1874
79 burials at Monkwearmouth All Saints from the first burial in the register in May 1851 to the end of 1874.
- Bishop Auckland Wesleyan Methodist Circuit baptisms 1838-1962
- Hartlepool Spion Kop burials 1870-79
- amendments to Robinson's Lane baptisms 1727-1797
- Auckland St. Andrew baptisms & burials 1820-1851
- Penshaw baptisms & burials 1831-1835
- South Shields burials 1763-1797
(With thanks to Holly Cochran)
British GENES on Facebook at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES and Twitter @chrismpaton