Saturday 6 April 2013

Big thanks to Tayroots and Duntrune House

A big thanks to Dundee for its hospitality in the last couple of days! I was up to give a talk at the Tayroots Family History Day at Discovery Point, part of the area's Tartan Day celebrations, and once again the event was absolutely buzzing. Nobody threw eggs at me, so I think I got away with my bit. :) Managed to also get in some research for a client at Dundee City Archives, so a very busy day.

I stayed overnight on Thursday at one of my fave B&Bs in Scotland, Duntrune House, and had a great meal with the owners, Barry and Olwyn Jack, so a big thanks to the two of them also for their hospitality. Both are keen genealogists themselves, and Olwyn updated me on her hunt for the Grahams of Duntrune House, which has been keeping her busy for some time! Their website is at http://duntrunehouse.co.uk - thoroughly recommended for all genies on an ancestral trail in the Dundee and Angus area.

The family history day was facilitated by Red Pepper Events (www.facebook.com/RedPepperEvents), so a big thanks to the team there also, including Eleanor Whitby, and it was good to catch up with Wendy Glass, Marie Dougan, John Irvine, Jamie Burges-Lumsden, Karen Nichols, Philip Astley, the Brightsolid teams, and many others exhibiting. Some interesting online things happening soon from Aberdeen's archives, as well as on Deceased Online! More soon...

Chris

My new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, is now available from Pen and Sword. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment