Friday 19 April 2013

Digital Public Library of America now live

The Digital Public Library of America website is now live at http://dp.la.


The platform provides access to digital content from the United States of America’s libraries, archives and museums, with all content freely available.You can explore collections by date, place and keyword search, and visit online exhibitions and more. A major online development for United States based research, but one of great significance for others - I just typed in Scotland, and suspect I will be busy with the 188 pages of returns presented, including photos and more.

(With thanks to @irishroots and @dpla)

UPDATE: Judy G. Russell has a bit more on the new site at www.legalgenealogist.com/blog/2013/04/19/public-library-not-public-domain/

Chris

My new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, is now available from Pen and Sword. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment