We are pleased to announce that we have just added over 16,000 Church of Ireland baptismal records to our online database for County Down.
The records were transcribed by Dr Brian Trainor, former Director of the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland. The following Churches have been added:
- Name Denomination Type Years Number
- Killinchy Church of Ireland baptisms 1820-77 (418)
- Blaris Church of Ireland baptisms 1661-1720 (7709)
- Magheralin Church of Ireland baptisms 1783-1870 (6628)
- Bangor Church of Ireland baptisms 1803-43 (1050)
- Ballywalter Church of Ireland baptisms 1845-75 (125)
- Ardkeen Church of Ireland baptisms 1746-1871 (541)
More Church of Ireland records will be added soon for the parishes of Antrim, Carrickfergus, Comber, Donaghadee, Down, Drumballyroney and Kilmore.
We would also like to remind you that we have also recently added Ireland’s Memorial Records to our Members’ Databases. This is a hugely important and indeed poignant resource listing the almost 50,000 Irishmen who gave their lives during the Great War 1914-18.
My latest book, Discover Scottish Civil Registration Records, is now available from http://www.gould.com.au (print) and http://www.gen-ebooks.com/unlock-the-past.html (ebook), whilst Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet is available at http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Tracing-Your-Irish-History-on-the-Internet/p/3889/.