Monday 9 December 2013

RIP Mum: Charlotte Harper Graham 1950-2013

A word of apology for the lack of posts on British Genes for the last twelve days or so. On Thursday 28th November 2013 my mother, Charlotte Harper McKeown (formerly Paton, nee Graham) passed away in Manchester, England, just three hours after I was able to get to her home from the west of Scotland. She had been suffering from bladder cancer, which was diagnosed in May, and she put up one hell of a fight, but sadly lost the battle in the end. I was alone in the room with her as she passed away, telling her about the progress of her two grandsons at school, and watched as she slipped away peacefully. I've been in England since then organising the funeral and cremation with my stepfather, and only returned home to Scotland last night.

I will resume normal posting tomorrow - but for today I just want to direct those who may be interested, or who may have known her, to a post I have written on my other blog at http://walkingineternity.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/rip-mum-charlotte-harper-graham-1950.html

Love you loads Mum, always x

Chris

My latest book, Discover Scottish Civil Registration Records, is now available from http://www.gould.com.au (print) and http://www.gen-ebooks.com/unlock-the-past.html (ebook), whilst Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet is available at http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Tracing-Your-Irish-History-on-the-Internet/p/3889/.

6 comments:

  1. Chris,

    I am very sorry to hear your sad news. Loosing someone you love is never easy, but this close to Christmas just makes it a wee bit harder.

    My thoughts go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sincere condolences Chris. Love and thoughts with you at this time

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear your news. My best wishes to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Chris. Your mum sounds amazing. You have captured her life and character very well. Please accept my condolences at this difficult time. May Cherie rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,

    So sorry to hear the sad news about your mum, our thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Julie & Maureen, Irish Roots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear your sad news.

    ReplyDelete