- Online seat booking - customers online can now book and pay for a seat in the ScotlandsPeople Centre.
- More than one hundred forename abbreviations were added to the name variant database in December 2017, improving the chances of success if you use name variants search option in the forename field when searching. Abbreviated forenames occur commonly in certain records, such as church registers, early census returns and early valuation rolls and less commonly in others, such as statutory registers and legal records. If you come across a variant of a forename in the records that is not being included in the search results, please tell us and give us an example of a record which contains it.
- The 1935 valuation rolls were released on 10 October 2017 with 2.7 million indexed names and addresses for owners, tenants and occupiers of properties throughout Scotland.
- More than 30,000 Other Church Registers of baptisms, marriages and burials were added to the site on 26 June 2017.
- For earlier improvements and issues resolved see below under other work completed.
For more information, including news of forthcoming improvement work and projects, visit the full post at https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/content/what-we-are-working-on.
For my genealogy guide books, visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html, whilst details of my research service are at www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk. Further content is also published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BritishGENES.