Tuesday 22 October 2019

Thanks to Glasgow and West of Scotland FHS

Thanks again to Glasgow and West of Scotland FHS (www.gwsfhs.org.uk) for its warm reception last night, at my second Irish themed talk this year to the society. I gave a short talk about the history of an Irish farm within my wife's ancestry, followed by a forty minute Q&A section, with some very diverse enquriies on both Scottish and Irish family history themed issues.

The venue was at Kelvinside Academy, and bizarrely when I turned up last night the exterior had been dressed by a BBC film production, which was also filming there. Fortunately, I only have a face for radio, so there was no big Hollywood discovery moment!!!



Chris

Order Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet (2nd ed) at https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Tracing-Your-Irish-Family-History-on-the-Internet-Paperback/p/16483. My next Scotland 1750-1850: Beyond the OPRs course starts 4 November 2019 - see https://www.pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=302. Further news published daily on The GENES Blog Facebook page, and on Twitter @genesblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment