Monday 5 August 2013

Speaking at the OGS Conference 2014

John Reid has posted a partial list of speakers on his Anglo-Celtic Connections blog for the 2014 Ontario Genealogical Society Conference from 1st-4th May 2014 at Brock University, St. Catherine's, Ontario - and I'm delighted to say that I'll be there as one of them! The provisional lists is accessible at http://anglo-celtic-connections.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/ogs-niagara-peninsula-branch-releases.html.

The conference theme is Genealogy Without Borders. I'll be giving three talks there, including one for the opening plenary on the Friday, and I'm delighted to say that I'll also be participating in a discussion panel with John and Tony Bandy on blogging during the event. I've previously spoken in Toronto and Ottawa in the last three years, and had an absolute ball at each, so am looking forward to this immensely!

More news in due course, but do also keep an eye out on the Niagara branch's website at www.ogs.on.ca/niagara/ and the OGS main site at www.ogs.on.ca for further developments.

See you there soon!

(With thanks to John)

Chris

My new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, is now available from Pen and Sword. My Scottish land and church records ebooks are available at http://www.gen-ebooks.com/unlock-the-past.html, whilst my next Pharos Scottish course, Scottish Research Online, starts Sep 4th - see http://pharostutors.com/details.php?coursenumber=102. Time to smash a few brick walls...!

No comments:

Post a Comment