Family Tree DNA is proud to offer you an opportunity to deepen your understanding of your genetic past and meet your cousins from around the world - and have a blast doing it!
Family Tree DNA has partnered with The Global Family Reunion to put on a unique event: the first-ever gathering that brings together genetically linked people. While at the gathering, you will get to hear from top scientists and entertainers on all aspects of DNA and family.
All Family Tree DNA members are being offered a limited-time early-bird price of $25 for the event.
When: June 6, 2015
Where: New York Hall of Science, New York City
Click here for early bird tickets and more information.
Click here for exclusive reward packages!
This offer is only available until April 1, 2015.
All proceeds from the Global Family Reunion go to benefit the Cure Alzheimer's Fund and the Alzheimer's Association NYC.
If you can't make it to New York, there will be simultaneous festivals around the world with a livestream of the speakers.
The Global Family Reunion will be an entertaining, eye-opening festival for all ages - a TED conference meets a World's Fair - so bring your kids, nephews, grandkids, and grandparents. All proceeds from the event go toward fighting Alzheimer's Disease.
What can you expect at Global Family Reunion?
- See more than 30 top speakers with fascinating presentations on genetics and family heritage, including Henry Louis Gates of PBS's Finding Your Roots, filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, NPR host Scott Simon, and Family Tree DNA President Bennett Greenspan
- Meet thousands of cousins and figure out how you are related
- Explore more than 450 interactive science exhibits from the New York Hall of Science
- Enjoy live entertainment, including music by Sister Sledge, who will be singing "We Are Family," of course. There will also be comedy from The New Yorker's Andy Borowitz and comedian Nick Kroll
- Take part in family-themed trivia contests, scavenger hunts, games, and potato sack races for those who are bold
- Help build the biggest family tree ever
- Meet the staff from Family Tree DNA, as well as Family Tree DNA partners such as MyHeritage and Findmypast, and get exclusive tutorials
- Break world records, including the biggest family photo ever
(With thanks to FamilyTreeDNA)
For details on my latest book Down and Out in Scotland: Researching Ancestral Crisis, and my other genealogy guide books please visit http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html. To commission me for genealogical research, please visit my research site at www.scotlandsgreateststory.co.uk.