No. 1 Selling Family History Software Makes Researching and Sharing Family History More Rewarding Than Ever
Ancestry.co.uk, the UK’s favourite family history website has announced the launch of Family Tree Maker® 2012, an improved and expanded version of the world’s No.1 selling family history software. Now with its new TreeSync™ capabilities, Family Tree Maker 2012 enables family history enthusiasts to sync their desktop family trees and their trees online at Ancestry.co.uk unlike any other desktop software available on the market.
Starting at just £40.84, all the Family Tree Maker™ 2012 versions include a membership to family history website Ancestry.co.uk, which hosts more than 895 million UK family history records, including the most comprehensive online set of England, Wales and Scotland Censuses from 1841 to 1901 – considered core records for family history research. The type and length of membership included varies depending on the product purchased.
Family Tree Maker 2012 introduces TreeSync, which enables family historians to sync their online tree at Ancestry.co.uk and their desktop family trees, including photos and other historical records they have attached. This enables Family Tree Maker users to bring their desktop tree online to share with invited guests and continue their research from wherever they are.
Other improvements in Family Tree Maker 2012 include:
• An easier-than-ever user interface to get users started right away
• Upgraded help content and video tutorials
• Improved content-generation and editing options to create engaging “Smart Stories” about family history and family members
• The ability to combine families into one harmonised tree, bringing step-families and adoptees into the main family tree
• Simple generation labels and text boxes to make family trees more interesting and informative
Expert users of earlier Family Tree Maker releases will find new power-user tools in Family Tree Maker 2012, including:
• Upgraded personalisation capabilities enabling users to add their own images, adding narrative text and displaying explanatory generation labels to charts
• Index report of every individual in a family tree with birth, marriage and death dates
• Chart the line of descendancy between an ancestor and any descendant in your family tree
Family Tree Maker® 2012 will be released on October 14th 2011 and will be available from www.ancestryshop.co.uk, www.avanquest.co.uk, www.amazon.co.uk, PC World, ASDA, Staples, Currys, Thehut.com, Play.com, www.cassinimaps.co.uk, www.my-history.co.uk
Family Tree Maker® is published in the UK by Avanquest Software Publishing.