Saturday 15 October 2011

New projects at Back to Our Past

Next weekend sees the Back to Our Past (www.backtoourpast.com/mysitecaddy/site3/) event in Dublin's RDS Industries Hall, and although I was not originally planning to go, there's been a change of plan! I'm in Kilkenny on the Friday and Saturday, so have decided now to pop along on Sunday, so you may see me hovering around the Irish Family and Local History Handbook stall for a wee bit! This is the launch of the first Irish edition of what is something of an institution here in Britain, there now having been 13 different British editions produced by Bob and Liz Blatchford. You can pre-order it here for a November delivery via www.genealogical.ie, or pick up a copy in Dublin next weekend!.

Some other announcements on developments at the event. FindmyPast Ireland (www.findmypast.ie) is announcing a major new database project at the event - I think I know what it is but I'm keeping schtum until they announce it (and in case I am wrong! lol). If it is what I think it is, it's going to be an absolute cracker...!

The Genealogical Society of Ireland has also announced news of a new Irish based DNA project launching at the event - details available at www.docstoc.com/docs/99258621/Irish-DNA-Atlas-Project-Newsletter---Vol-1-No-1.

ChĂ­fidh me sibh ansin!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment