Wednesday 6 February 2013

New tax records added to ScotlandsPlaces

From ScotlandsPlaces (www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk)

We are pleased to let you know that we have now added three more historical tax rolls into the ScotlandsPlaces subscription service:
  • Dog tax, 1797-1798
  • Cart tax, 1785-1798
  • Carriage tax, 1785-1798

You will automatically gain access to these new tax rolls when you log into the site to use your subscription. More historical tax rolls and Ordnance Survey name books will be added shortly.

COMMENT: I'm quite chuffed with the timing of this, as I only renewed my subscription to the site yesterday!

(Thanks to ScotlandsPlaces)

Chris

Pre-order my new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, through Pen and Sword (30 April 2013), or purchase early at Who Do You Think You Are Live 2013 in London. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment