Wednesday 6 February 2013

Tree View custom trees facility added

I've had a note from Mark Bayley at S&N Genealogy, the company behind TheGenealogist (www.thegenealogist.co.uk) to let me know about a new feature on the company's free to access Tree View family tree building programme (www.thegenealogist.co.uk/nameindex/start_tree.php). The new facility allows you to create "custom" trees. Over to Mark:

This relatively new feature lets use "Drag and Drop Charting" to let you completely customize your tree. It's the first time any online tree builder has let you do this. You can find the "custom" option under the list of tree styles in TreeView's menu.

I've just had a play and it looks like it could be an interesting addition. There's a full research guide on how to use TreeView at www.thegenealogist.co.uk/treeview/help/index.php.

Chris

Pre-order my new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, through Pen and Sword (30 April 2013), or purchase early at Who Do You Think You Are Live 2013 in London. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment