Saturday 12 April 2014

How to Search FindmyPast - the blog entry

Find my Past's latest blog post, its first in a fortnight, is entitled, errr... How to search Find my Past - it is accessible at http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/2014/how-to-search-findmypast/.

The new version of the site is quite rightly being condemned on many genealogy forums as a bit of a nightmare to use (and I'm being diplomatic!) - the new blog post provides some tips on how to use the new version, its most useful tip being to access individual collections via the A-Z list on the site. In the meantime, the company has its work cut out for it with making the site anywhere near as fit for purpose as its predecessor.

Chris

Time to find your inner Irish...! All the best online Irish genealogy resources can be found through my book Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet - in print and ebook formats. "Very useful, makes me wish I was Irish!" - Saint Patrick, patron saint.

1 comment:

  1. Phew! I though it was me!
    Rather than go on a FMP journey that could last into the wee hours I now stop once I have found the couple of records that started the session.
    I will not be renewing my subscription

    ReplyDelete