The September issue (16th edition) of Irish Lives Remembered Genealogy e-Magazine is now LIVE & FREE to read/download via www.irishlivesremembered.com
Packed with Irish genealogy news, events and resources, this month we have a focus on Tracing Your Ancestors in CAVAN with 16 pages dedicated to the county. In other stories we take a look at:
- U.S. Department of Justice lawyer, Orla Brady receives a Certificate of Irish Heritage and a marriage proposal in one day in her ancestral homeland of Kilkenny.
- Findmypast Ireland release 15,000 new Irish military records from the National Roll of Honour, 2.5 million court records and finally an unusual archive of over 500,000 Irish Dog Register licences.
- Irish Ancestry Research Centre in Limerick welcomes new CEO, John King to the team.
- Michael Merrigan talks us through a Genetic Genealogy Conference at the forthcoming Back To Our Past Genealogy event in the R.D.S.
- We kick-start a brand new series from Shauna Hicks in Australia where she takes a look at Finding the Irish in Australia starting with Colonial Queensland.
- Fiona Fitzsimons guides us through The Genealogy Service in the National Library of Ireland
- Dr. Ann McVeigh from P.R.O.N.I. simplifies the Geographical Divisions in Northern Ireland when researching your family history.
- The County Museum Dundalk and NUI Maynooth team up to offer a new Certificate in Local History course.
- Louth native and top US Broadcaster, Tommy Smyth looks forward to US Vice President Joe Biden’s Louth visit this year
- Tourism Ireland shows us what’s on offer in Cavan
- Cavan Library services offers ideas on research
- Photo historian Jayne Shrimpton looks at a fashionable family photo of the McAdam family in Cootehill, Co. Cavan
- Cavan Genealogy showcase what records they hold in the Cavan centre.
- County Cavan Archives & Library showcase what resources are on offer.
- Our very own columnist and genealogist Maureen Wlodarczyk from New Jersey receives a warm welcome in County Cavan
- Dublin based Billy Saunderson delves into his Cavan family tree
- Events, Seminars, Courses, Books and much more.
(With thanks to Eileen Munnelly)
My wife Claire is planning to swim from the Scottish island of Cumbrae to the town of Largs on September 14th to raise money for local charity Gillian's Saltire Appeal, providing respite for families affected by cancer (Claire's mum and sister in Ireland have previously come through cancer, whilst my mum, based in England, currently has bladder cancer). Her Just Giving sponsorship page, with further details, is at http://www.justgiving.com/Claire-Paton1. If you can help to sponsor her, even by a wee amount, we'd be very grateful - many thanks!