Tuesday 17 September 2013

Thanks to Anglo-Celtic Connections

Thanks to John Reid and Anglo-Celtic Connections for this years's poll of readers seeking fave genies from across the world. I've bizarrely come top in the voting in Canada and third in Australia and New Zealand, for which I am truly flattered - thanks to everyone who voted, and congrats to all who made the nominations list and to the winners. John's blogging the results from his poll all this week at www.anglo-celtic-connections.blogspot.ca

For folk in Canada, I'll be heading back over to Ontario in May 2014 for the OGS Conference hosted by the Niagara Peninsula Branch of OGS, and amongst activities there I will be joining John on a panel to discuss genealogy blogging. For those down under, I'll be back your way even sooner in January/February 2014 for the fourth Unlock the Past cruise, and accompanying talks tour from Brisbane to Perth (with Thomas MacEntee from the USA) - the cruise will also have another of the poll winners Kirsty Gray from England, and I believe Jill Ball from Oz also (need to confirm that one!). Looking forward to all of it!

Thanks again - and check out the blog posts for some great genies!

UPDATE: Jill's on the cruise as well - yay!

Chris

My latest book, Discover Scottish Civil Registration Records, is now available from http://www.gould.com.au (print) and http://www.gen-ebooks.com/unlock-the-past.html (ebook), whilst Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet is available at http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Tracing-Your-Irish-History-on-the-Internet/p/3889/. My next Pharos Scottish course, Scotland 1750-1850: Beyond the OPRs, starts Nov 13th - see http://pharostutors.com.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to one of my fave bloggers and yes, I'll be cruising too Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be cruising and at OGS in May too - congratulations Chris, Jill and all the winners around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kirsty - and see you at both events then!

    ReplyDelete