Sunday 11 December 2011

There's been a murder...

A short snippet from one of 21 Unlock the Past (www.unlockthepast.com.au) talks that I gave over the last three weeks at several venues in New Zealand and Australia, and on a boat sailing around the two! This was from the last talk I gave on board the Volendam, last Sunday, concerning the subject of my next book, The Mount Stewart Murder (History Press, June 2012), about the killing of my three times great grandmother in Forgandenny, Perthshire, in March 1866.



Incidentally, if you are in the Largs or Ayrshire area on January 10th, I'll be doing this talk again for the local family history society - details on my Diary page (see top of blog).

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, Chris. Wish I was there. Don't blame your wife for being nervous, though. You never know what kind of reaction you will get. I remember two of the murders in our family. They don't bother me any more but I am sure that there are some people that don't want it talked about.

    What is the name of your book, and where can I get it in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book will be called "The Mount Stewart Murder: A Re-examination of the UK's oldest unsolved murder" - no idea about Canadian availability, I'm afraid, but it is available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mount-Stewart-Murder-Re-examination-Unsolved/dp/075246020X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323717808&sr=8-1

    Chris

    ReplyDelete