Here's the bumf from Ancestry's blog (http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/2011/12/21/the-ancestry-com-android-app-is-here/)
The new Ancestry.com app for Android phones and tablets (and very soon including Kindle Fire, NOOK Color, and NOOK Tablet – pending app store approval) allows you to interact with your Ancestry.com family tree while on the go. Not only can you view and edit your existing family trees, but you can also build new family trees from scratch, add new family members, edit their information, add and edit life events, and view historical records that have been attached on Ancestry.com–anytime, anywhere. You never know where or when you’ll make a new discovery. It’s like having your entire family tree in your pocket!
Here’s what you can do with the new Android app:
- View your family tree on your Android phone or tablet (you can easily zoom in or out to see anywhere from 2 to 5 or more generations)
- Start a new family tree or add to an existing one easily
- View life events and family members for the ancestors in your tree
- Add, edit and delete people, life events and facts
- Easily locate any ancestor in your family tree with our handy search tool
- View historical documents and indexed information that you’ve attached to your family tree on Ancestry.com
- Many more features (like photos) coming soon… stay tuned!
To download the app for free, visit http://www.ancestry.com/ancestry-app