Wednesday 23 January 2013

Ancestry adds search tool for Honours and Awards index

Ancestry (www.ancestry.co.uk) has added a third party database UK, Recommendations for Honours and Awards Index, 1935-1990, as sourced from the National Archives at Kew. If an entry is found, you are the directed to the archive's Discovery portal.

Not sure if I am correct, but I think this is the first collection I have seen on Ancestry that links to Discovery, though Ancestry has several other third party databases on its site that work in a similar way. The collection is searchable at http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=5845.

Chris

Pre-order my new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, through Pen and Sword (30 April 2013), or purchase early at Who Do You Think You Are Live 2013 in London. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for my online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment