Sunday 6 January 2013

The Result Appreciation Society

A quick plug for a Facebook page for The Result Appreciation Society at www.facebook.com/ResultAppreciationSociety. The Result is the last surviving schooner to have been built at Paul Rogers' shipyard (1893) in my home town of Carrickfergus, which used to exist by Legg Park, next to my old school, the Model Primary.

I once did a school project on it and remember being filmed as a kid by BBC NI with a few other pupils for its evening news programme - though my bit was cut! The vessel's in a sorry state by the looks of it, and the group hopes to try to get it restored at some stage. Good luck to all involved!

Chris

Pre-order my new book, Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet, through Pen and Sword (30 April 2013), or purchase early at Who Do You Think You Are Live 2013 in London. For my other genealogy books, please visit  http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html; whilst for online Scottish based genealogy courses please visit the Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd site.

No comments:

Post a Comment