Sunday, 4 November 2012

Fleet Air Arm family history day

The Fleet Air Arm Museum at RNAS Yeovilton is holding a Family History Day on November 8th. There will be family history workshop and various talks to help you on your way. For more details visit

Just to give the museum another quick plug, I actually contacted it last week after suddenly discovering that a great great grandfather of mine from Northern Ireland had joined the Royal Marines Light Infantry in the First World War. I don't think I have ever had a faster and more professional response from a museum in my life! The information I had on my ancestor was found solely in a Royal Naval medal roll, and was somewhat vague - within 12 hours I had a fantastically detailed response detailing exactly which unit he served with, where he was based, and how to find his attestation record, it being in one of a few collections concerning the marines not held at the Fleet Air Arm Museum, but at TNA in London. The museum's website is at


Scotland 1750-1850 - 5 weeks online Pharos course, £45.99, taught by Chris Paton from 2 NOV 2012 - see
New book: It's Perthshire 1866 - there's been a murder... (from June 12th 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment