The following collections are now freely available to view on the site:
- Census records for 1901 and 1911
- Tithe Applotment Books for 1823 to 1837
- Soldiers’ Wills for 1914 to 1917
The first links to the already established website at www.census.nationlaarchives.ie but the latter two are newly released today. The Tithe Applotment Books in particular are a major resource, being an early 19th century precursor to Griffiths Valuation (I've just found my wife's four times great grandfather listed in Kilkenny, with all sorts of details!) - for the first time these are the images from the books, and not just the indexes found on other sites.
Joining the site in the near future will be:
- Calendars of Wills and Administrations (1858– 1922)
- Nineteenth-century census survivals (1821-1851)
- Valuation Office House and Field Books (1848–1860)
- Census Search Forms for the 1841 and 1851 Censuses.
Lots of fun ahead!
(With thanks to NAI)
UPDATE 8 NOV: The Tithe Applotment Books can now also be searched at the FamilySearch website (www.familysearch.org) and the images consulted there. [With thanks to Alan Stewart's Grown Your Own Family Tree blog at http://growyourownfamilytree.wordpress.com/2012/11/09/irish-tithe-applotment-book-images-go-online/]
Scotland 1750-1850 - 5 weeks online Pharos course, £45.99, taught by Chris Paton from 2 NOV 2012 - see www.pharostutors.com
New book: It's Perthshire 1866 - there's been a murder... www.thehistorypress.co.uk/products/The-Mount-Stewart-Murder.aspx (from June 12th 2012)