Tuesday 17 July 2012

The National Archives of Ireland catalogue works!

I was just about to start writing about the online catalogue of the National Archives of Ireland for my next book, dreading what I was going to say about it - but I don't need to worry now, as it works!

When it was launched in January the catalogue was horrendously complicated, not taking keyword searches without defining which collections to search within via specific filters, and so on. I've not been near it since, with the exception of drawing up a user guide on how to access the probate calendars launched on it in March, but I am delighted to say that it now seems to be fully keyword searchable without having to faff about with filters etc! The National Archives catalogue is available at www.nationalarchives.ie/search-the-archives/

Go raibh míle maith agaibh ACN! :)  

Chris

Check out my Scotland's Greatest Story research service www.ScotlandsGreatestStory.co.uk
New book: It's Perthshire 1866 - there's been a murder... www.thehistorypress.co.uk/products/The-Mount-Stewart-Murder.aspx (from June 12th 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment