- Charlie Chaplin
- Anne Reid, actress
- Brenda Blethyn, actress
- Simon Cowell
- John Craven, TV presenter
- Victoria Pendleton, star cyclist now in Strictly Come Dancing
- Colin Dexter, author of the Inspector Morse books
- Gabby Logan, TV football and sportspresenter
- Miranda Hart, actress and comedienne.
Roy states that "Miranda Hart has only just gone online yesterday and she's rather interesting because much of her ancestry is in Burke's Peerage. She's very posh!"
The blog is available at http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/tag/roy-stockdill/
(With thanks to Roy)
Having a Christmas present crisis?! Check out my range of genealogy books at http://britishgenes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html - perfect for the family historian's Christmas stocking...!